Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program

More Information Contact Us


The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) is a way to immigrate to Canada. Through the SINP, the Province of Saskatchewan:

  • Invites residency applications from non-Canadians who want to make Saskatchewan their home
  • Nominates successful applicants to the federal government for permanent residency in Canada

The SINP is only one of the steps toward becoming a permanent resident in Saskatchewan. All approved applicants must also apply for residency through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) Canadian Immigration Commission


SINP offers applicants:

  • Competitive application processing times
  • Assistance from provincial immigration officers who can explain requirements

The Government of Saskatchewan makes the final choice on SINP nominations. When successful candidates apply for permanent resident status with IRCC, they’ll be identified as SINP nominees.

You can apply to the SINP if you meet the program criteria. Be sure to complete accurate applications and provide valid documentation.

Important Information

As an applicant, you can choose to work with an immigration consultant. However, no immigration consultant is given an immigrant quota from the Province of Saskatchewan.

Three SINP program categories you can apply to:

  • International Skilled Worker: for skilled workers who want to work and live in Saskatchewan.
  • Saskatchewan Experience: for foreign nationals who already live and work in Saskatchewan.
  • Entrepreneur and Farm: for those who plan to start a business or buy and operate a farm in Saskatchewan.

Who is not eligible to apply?

The following cannot apply:

  • Refugee claimants in Canada who are claiming refugee status from the Government of Canada.
  • Anyone living illegally in their country of residence or in Canada.
  • Anyone who has had a removal order issued against them by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or Canada Border Services Agency.
  • Those who are prohibited from entering Canada.

You may not be eligible for immigration to Canada if:

  • You or any dependent family member do not meet IRCC’s requirements related to health and criminality (even if your dependent is not included in your immigration application).
  • You have unresolved custody or child support disputes affecting any member of your family.
  • You and/or your representative were not truthful in the application.
  • You were unable to prove that you intend to live and work in Saskatchewan.

What to Do After You Apply

  • After you apply, we’ll review your application to make sure it’s complete.
  • You will get a letter telling you if your application is not complete. If this happens, you will need to re-apply and submit a new application.
  • Complete applications will continue to be reviewed and we may ask for more documentation. You will be given a time limit to send this to us.
  • If we receive the information we asked for, we’ll continue to process the application. If we do not receive the information, your application will be ineligible.

Temporary Work Permit for International Skilled Worker and Saskatchewan Experience Nominees

  • If your application is approved by the SINP, your nomination will be sent to IRCC, and we will provide you a letter of support for a Temporary Work Permit. If the permit is approved by IRCC, you’ll be able to start or continue working while your Permanent Resident Visa is being processed.
  • Please visit IRCC’s website for current processing times for Temporary Work Permit applications.

    You must apply directly to IRCC for permanent residency.

More Information Contact Us